As the evening gets closer, with the heat of the day tranquilized by the cold breeze of evening , many things which were hard earlier , seemed to be easy now . One of them , was completing the parikrama circle , returning back to the kali temple from where we started, near to Seshadri ashram and get the result of it . Incidentally, the result was astounding , when moon got out of its cave somewhere in the sky, and decided to become an ornament in the head of Arunachala.
Charmed by this scene of astounding beauty , the Sannayasi , started becoming more revealing than he was in last one hundred ninety minutes .
– “This was the one of the best places of doing sadhana . You get free food in the temples and ashrams, then you get accommodation and alms that your energy was more focussed on spiritual development.” As the walk continued, with the circle now in verge of completion, prompted the Sannayasi to put things in a straight forward way , why he was not in other holy places in Tamilnadu .
Lucas didn’t missed this opportunity to subtly mix between practical questions and spiritual enquiry , that you get to know ,a lot about the person behind the new role he was playing.
– “ Are you satisfied ? “
– “ I never think about it , because satisfaction was always a state of mind , it had nothing to do what we get or not get . Sometimes I don’t had meals , when there was a strike , or when everything was closed . Sometimes , I don’t get place to stay , when the accommodation goes full. Then I remember that I had chosen this path to get the company of god. You don’t get anything in the world without trade-offs. If you want peace and happiness , you had to make trade-offs with the level of comfort and conveyance.”
I also find this was the right time to ask about the huge number of Rudraksha he was wearing in his neck , on which I was curious right from beginning , but hesitant to ask, at the same time.
– Does the quantity of Rudraksha, somebody wears was proportionate to his wellness ?
– “Look within , the answers were all within you. Why do you try to understand a Sanayasi on terms of what he wears”. An un-expected sharp rebuttal stopped me for further exploration the question.
As we cross the city, the usual silence of Arunachala was lost , by many different kind of industrial sounds, coming from different kinds of shop and establishment. However , those sound were transcended by the hum of “Arunachala Shiva” from the crowd in all direction.
1. If you love the writings .. please Pre-order the Book “Stories from Arunachala Diaries ” in Amazon
2. You can Like the Facebook page to stay updated about the Live Programs and updates on the Book
3. You can join the Gyan Yoga Teachers Training 2020, which is an unique program, attended by students from 9 countries with positive feedback, which discusses the underlying philosophy of Gyan Yoga Teaching and Practise behind this stories . The program this year will be online from 17th May – 5th July 2020 and find out more details of the program here
“Stories from Arunachala Diaries” reflects the author’s present recollections of experiences over time. Some names and characteristics have been changed, some events have been compressed, and some dialogue has been recreated to create neccesary literary effect. The reader should not consider this book anything other than a work of literature.
Copyright Sri Joydip 2020. All Rights Reserved.