– I could now tell you everything about Bhagvad Gita.
– What did that mean ?
– These few days had transformed me in a way , I never thought I would be .
– No , I was serious .
– You could ask me anything from Bhagvad Gita.
– “Don’t be so excited , your time would come. “ The cynical Lucas , decimated my excitement about transformation, and transition to a new world , as the bus conducter asked for ticket.
In between the green fields , the Bus was moving in an lightening speed, passing by many small temples dedicated to different small and big gods. As it passed Villapurum, Lucas waked up from his afternoon nap, and with a sudden excitement asked
– Had we reached ?
– No , you could take another nap , a long way to cover .
– I had been sleeping for last two days , but still the tiredness had not gone.
– This painkiller made you sleep more , that you forget about the pain when you were asleep.
– “And remember them when you wake up” Lucas added his usual sarcastic tone.
– “ How were you now ?”
– “ Much better , I had to catch the flight by end of this week , hope it would get perfect by then.”
– “Where did you plan to go now?”
– “Back home”
– “ You were going back to US ?”
– “ Yes , I would miss many things , this had been such a trip . The Girivalam , Shanti’s care, the meeting with you, and all those weird sannayasi . “ He breathed in and said.
“ completely contended now”.
– What made you discontented earlier.
– “I just finished my divorce. It has been a long relationship. Jumped from the set and took this break , to come here .” And then looked at the window aimlessly and remarked to himself. “ I needed this “.
Next few days passed like few minutes. It was Ongkie first to visit , both of us, with his big
chin smile asking “ How did you find experience of Arunachala ? “ , and nodding his head in
Indonesian manner exclaiming “Aha”, after every sentences, we shared about our
experience, as if he is tasting the experience, like a cup of tea.
The real taste of course was love of Lucas , which I tasted , while I called the auto to carry
him in Pondicherry bus stand, that he could travel to Chennai airport for catching his flight.
There where number of luggage’s he had to put in the auto, and that could consume his
attention , but it was other way around.
– Remember why did we meet ?
– Yes , your teeth .
– But what about your teeth , you had also some pain …
– Ohh .. that’s normal .. I don’t make so much fuss about it ..
– It’s important and valuable , once it’s gone it will never come back.
– When were you going to come back again ? .
– Not soon , but let me see , I would inform you , we would be in touch ..
– Thanks …
– “Do send me your book “One World Government” once it’s published “ Lucas hugged me and stepped in the Auto and within a minute vanished from my eyes.
‘One World Government’ was a book , I wrote with Professor Trudy Heller of Wharton Business School and her colleague, for Penguin. The Book was aimed to find out a proper spiritual response to Global recession 2009 another notified global disaster like Global pandemic 2020. Though the book didn’t went into print , as the editor , Heather Adams of Penguin , was not happy with the final draft . So , I could never send the book to Lucas.
However , both Lucas and me had number of discussion, and agreed the reason for global recession was institutionalization greed. Like global recession and global boom cycle , we have also global wellness and global illness like global pandemic cycle . What could have triggered a global pandemic was question we would have contemplated if we have met now. But we never met after that.
2. You can Like the Facebook page to stay updated about the Live Programs and updates on the Book
3. You can join the Gyan Yoga Teachers Training 2020, which is an unique program, attended by students from 9 countries with positive feedback, which discusses the underlying philosophy of Gyan Yoga Teaching and Practise behind this stories . The program this year will be online from 17th May – 5th July 2020 and find out more details of the program here
“Stories from Arunachala Diaries” reflects the author’s present recollections of experiences over time. Some names and characteristics have been changed, some events have been compressed, and some dialogue has been recreated to create neccesary literary effect. The reader should not consider this book anything other than a work of literature.
Copyright Sri Joydip 2020. All Rights Reserved.