Tables were all full. There was only one dining space, in the Vaikunthapuram for the people living nearby. So , it was obvious to get full. The place was very close to sea . That’s how most fisherman stayed around this place. The rest of the people were like us, who came from different parts of the world, for spiritual search. There was a small waiting hall , with a narrow bench. And there was already one person waiting there. He greeted me with a handshake, and gave me some more space to sit.
– Simon from Ireland.. You ?
– Are you coming today afternoon to Auroville ?
– Why , Is there anything special ?.
– You don’t know .. Dalai Lama is coming , he would be inaugurating the Tibetian Pavallion
– You love him ?
– I was earlier practicing Buddhism , now I am into different stuff. He was a wise man.
– Yes , he was very practical all the way.
One of the table became now free. We both occupied that, and started taking our food. Simon was a foody kind of person . So, he had added up much fat, which surprisingly made his appearance very gentle and loving . His English was very weak, and when he said something very deep , thoughtful and philosophical , which required long sentences to express , I could not understand him properly. Yet, I decided to go with him to visit Dalai Lama . As , I could still understand his small sentences, which he used for communicating practical requirement.
When we reached Auroville , it was already full. Three thousand people have gathered in Tibetian Pavillon including a lot of School children. Simon was very excited and he looked everything with great energy and excitement
– I attended his program in a US tour. The stadium, was completely filled up. Here also the pavilion was full. Amazing ..Isn’t it ?
– Yes , he was quite popular across the world. But does more crowd makes everything more spiritual ?
– There was a relation between popularity and religion . But spiritual …I don’t know.
Dalai Lama spoke about “Human Unity and Universal responsibility” . His words are very accurate and to the point . He described Tibetan culture as a culture of compassion which the humanity needs.
Next day afternoon , I again started for Tiruvannamalai , and this time , I was alone. I was greeted by empty roads of Tiruvananmalai and occasional chant of “Arunachala Siva” by the small number of people who were doing parikrama in the night.
1. If you love the writings .. please Pre-order the Book “Stories from Arunachala Diaries ” in Amazon
2. You can Like the Facebook page to stay updated about the Live Programs and updates on the Book
3. You can join the Gyan Yoga Teachers Training 2020, which is an unique program, attended by students from 9 countries with positive feedback, which discusses the underlying philosophy of Gyan Yoga Teaching and Practise behind this stories . The program this year will be online from 17th May – 5th July 2020 and find out more details of the program here
“Stories from Arunachala Diaries” reflects the author’s present recollections of experiences over time. Some names and characteristics have been changed, some events have been compressed, and some dialogue has been recreated to create neccesary literary effect. The reader should not consider this book anything other than a work of literature.
Copyright Sri Joydip 2020. All Rights Reserved.